Burmeister & Wain
Burmeister & Wain, who began as Baumgarten & Burmeister in 1846 was Denmarks largest shipyard and diesel engine factory.
B&W as they also went by, delivered their first steamengine af two years, and again their first ship 7 years later.
In 1961 Baumgarten left the company, and William Wain took over his role. At the same time the company changed its name to Burmeister & Wain.
B&W built the crane that helped build the original Storstømsbro. At the time it was the worlds largest floating crane, building Europe’s longest bridge.